I am a rehabilitation psychologist. My areas of specialty include:
- Psychiatric disabilities, brain injuries and co-existing substance use disorders;
- Recommendation and development of adaptive housing for individuals with these disorders;
- Chronic homelessness research;
- Homeless and disability advocacy training.
In my work with disabled, chronically homeless people:
- I provide street outreach assistance;
- I arrange and coordinate medical, legal, psychological and substance abuse services;
- I provide long term counseling and emotional support to my people;
- I consult by phone, text, mail, email, and via online social media messages with homeless people locally and across the country;
- I review autopsy records, consult with medical examiners, funeral directors and prepare death reports.
I provide advocacy services:
- I accompany my disabled, homeless contacts to health care, legal and social services agency appointments;
- I advocate on their behalf with medical, legal, social services, shelter and homeless housing personnel;
- I visit my chronically homeless contacts in the hospital, rehabilitation facilities and in jail;
- I consult with attorneys and advocate for my contacts in legal proceedings;
- I accompany them to court and represent them in official social services hearings;
- I contact police and/or adult protective services for assistance in cases of imminent danger.
Listen To Dr. Mary's Playlist
I love to listen to other people's playlists. This playlist features some of my favorite performances from various genres.
Below is a link to my YouTube playlist, I hope you enjoy it.