Mary McLaughlin, PhD, and her team provide the following services:
- Consultations with municipalities regarding the provision of services to chronically homeless and/or disabled populations;
- Consultations re: compliance with best disability services practices for chronically homeless people;
- Proposing and conducting formal and informal research within chronically homeless communities;
- Recommendations for adaptive housing suitable for cognitively and/ or psychiatrically disabled, chronically homeless individuals;
- Outreach services to identify those chronically homeless individuals at highest risk of death;
- Outreach services to those identified as "service resistant;"
- Project development and recommendations re: very low income housing;
- Presentations at seminars and meetings of groups and organizations interested in homeless services;
- Training of homeless and disability services advocates;
- Professional training of college and graduate school interns;
- Writing guest posts and articles on homelessness related topics;
- Recommendations to police and corrections officers with respect to working with individuals with cognitive or psychiatric disabilities;
- General information with respect to federal and state laws that serve to protect disabled individuals. NB: Dr. Mary is not an attorney.
If you wish to inquire about a topic not shown in the list above, please contact Dr. Mary McLaughlin via firstname.lastname@example.org